My Blog

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Mouse in the house!

I got home tonight about two in the morning, and as I walked down the outside stairs to get into the basement, I thought I saw something tiny run past the bottom stair. Because I am not a squealy girly girl, I thought, "Did I....Are there mice around here, or big bugs or what?" So I looked behind the door at the bottom of the steps, and -a mouse! Just kinda sitting there like "Oh shit, oh shit, I think she saw me, oh shit..." So I went inside to drop my purse and grab a container, and I snuck back out and captured the mouse. I brought him inside and gave him a piece of soft taco shell, and he's been alternately eating it voraciously and sleeping on it. He's adorable! Getting fat for winter, looks like, and he has a kinda big nose and his face is bearlike, in that round face and small eyes way. I took some pictures of him, and you can see them here. Just keep hitting the next button to see all the pictures.

He was really cute, and he seemed very polite, for a wild mouse. I thought he would be real skittish and squeaky due to being captured. He squeaked a little bit when I brought him in and set him on the coffee table, but he seemed pretty cool with everything after that. Just kinda sat in the cup and ate his taco, and dozed in between bites. He didn't even get upset when my cat got right next to his face on the other side of the clear plastic and looked at him. He just kinda looked back like "whatever".

After he got done eating his taco I took him back outside and let him loose. He ran off into the night. I hope nothing eats him.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:31 AM, Blogger Moueska said…

    *squeal*

    Yay! He reminds me of my Harry Houdini. Miss that mouse muchly, I do.

    But it's interesting- he does have a shorter tail than Harry did. Harry's was a bit longer than that. Not much, though. Cute mouse!

     
  • At 1:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi i dont think thats a muse its actually a vole by the looks of things and if it is a mouse then it should definatley have had a longer tail in some shots it looks like a baby rat but..... any way we get them in our house All the time i have never been brave enough to catch one though!! well done!!

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Jess said…

    Eep! It is a vole, Wikipedia says so! I thought it didn't look much like a mouse but I couldn't figure out for the life of me what on earth it might have been. Thanks, Ellie!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home